Chicken Noodle Soup
(It looks intimidating but stick with me... it's super easy!)
* Pull chicken off bones and set aside.
1- Rotisserie Chicken (well, that's what I used anyway 'cause it cut out a million steps)
3-1/5 quarts water
3- chicken bouillon cubes
1- peeled onion
2- tsp. Italian seasoning
1- tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
3-tsp. minced garlic
4- bay leaves
* Add bouillon, onion, seasonings, garlic, bay leaves, and bouillon cubes to water and boil for 20 minutes.
* Remove leaves and onion and throw them away.
2- cups sliced carrots
2- cups sliced celery, with leafy green tops
2- bags of Reames frozen egg noodles
3- Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1/3- cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4- half and half or heavy cream
Salt & pepper to taste
*Add carrots to boiling broth and cook for 3 minutes.
* Add celery and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes.
*Add egg noodles and cook according to package directions.
* When noodles are done, add shredded rotisserie chicken, parsley, cheese, cream (or half and half) and cook for another 2 minutes.
* EAT! :-) This makes LOTS of soup and it shares well or freezes well, too!
( If you're watching calories, you can leave out the cheese and cream)
Post a Comment
We love to hear your thoughts, but if you leave one please own it and leave a name with your comment :-)